The Team at Absolute Enterprises refurbish Idlers such as but not limited to EX5500, EX3600, 6060 and 6040. We can supply exchange Idlers in equipment breakdown situations where time is of the essence.
Upon receiving a worn idler, the team clean idlers ready for pre-machining. Both the ID and OD are machine to ensure our boilermakers have a pristine surface to weld. The welding wire we utilise during the ID and OD welding is of the highest quality, with the OD being Subarc Welded.
Subarc Welding the OD has the following advantages.
- Safe to use with minimal arc light emitted, no splatter and lower levels of radiation
- Less distortion
- Deep weld penetration
- High deposition rates are possible
- The subarc process enables the use of subarc wire compound which in turn gives a hard surfacing Property.
Upon finishing the welding process, the Idlers are placed in a specialised cooling bin to eliminate all cracking. The Idlers are then place on a vertical borer for machining back to specifications.
Absolute Enterprises has developed a specialised preheat, post head and slow cool process which eliminates weld failure fatigue and cracking which also maintains original component hardness.
H links/Bucket Links
The engineering department is fully equipped to take care of all your H link/bucket links overhauls from a 3 tonne excavator to a 800 tonne face shovel. We will get your machine digging like new again. We can also offer you exchange items for faster turn arounds.
Upon receiving worn H links and Bucket Links our team goes to work.
- Clean and sand blast enabling accurate reporting including NDT testing, allignment checks and measurements of all Bores and faces.
- Repair any cracking
- Our team of boilmakers do their magic to build up the bores and faces
- Our qualified machinist then using a CNC Horizontal Borer machine to OEM Specifications
- Bushes are fitted, grease lines purged, Link painted ready for Dispatch